Friday, January 2, 2009

First blog! First post! Kinda scary. Not exactly sure why I want to or what I have to say. But, I'm gonna give it a go. Starting with my quote from Lewis Carroll. I have always been partial to it and recently used it in an email to a friend. Well, after the fact I realized that I had misquoted it so I looked it up and read the poem,"The Walrus and the Carpenter" and found that I really loved the whole thing, as well. It's about talking some oysters into taking a walk with the walrus and the carpenter for the express purpose of dining on said oysters. I thought how much like my life that poem is. The times when one is vulnerable, gullible, acting without thinking because of a need to change circumstances which seem to be unbearable. Like taking a long walk off a short pier......never realizing the finality of your actions until you are eaten alive like the oysters. How do you come back after making a shambles of your life in such a final way. Well, first you flounder and give up and just when there seems to be no light at the end of your tunnel...from deep inside comes a shred of self preservation that propels you into salvaging what is left. And this is where that shred has propelled me. A new life, a new love of life, new purpose and hope.
Ah, end of first post. I'm glad I did it. WHEW*

2 comments:

  1. The events in our lives are drawn to us by our choices. The crises.. are really events..just that allowing us to make some better choices, go in another direction, back off the short pier. The only one labeling life "in chambles" is the negative thought momentarily slapping you. Tis only a thought... and wherever you are.."things could be worse". We all have to hit a wall and redefine ourselves to take away the ache..
    Our disappointments swallow us so often..so I choose now to make no assumptions. I do dream, however.. I am dreaming my life into the reality ..starting at the end and working to present. It is all there for the taking.. if you know and believe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great Auntie! I'm so proud of you! I love that quote...now I HAVE to read the whole story too. Keep it up. I'll be checking in. Love you! ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete